Friday, October 16, 2015

Yes..this is The Ugly Truth!!

After watching The Bu(i)g wedding, I browsed through Katherine Heigl movies. I stumbled upon this one..."The Ugly Truth". The actors were Katherine Heigl, of course and Gerald Butler. Immediately I decided to watch it.

Abby (Heigl) is a TV show producer whose TRPs are falling drastically. She has to bring it up, else her job could be in jeopardy. On the other hand, Mike(Gerald) is the host of a TV show called The Ugly Truth where he discusses issues between men and women. He doesn't hesitate to call a spade a spade and tells what men actually want. Because of this he is very popular on TV and so is his show. He is hired by Abby's TV channel where the two meet and so the movie continues. I do not want to divulge any further details about the movie.

The film starts on a slow pace but once Gerald enters, it speeds up and becomes interesting. Gerald is good as Mike. I love his accent and the way his mouth twitches when he speaks (Blush! Blush!). Katherine, in her part does a great job as usual. 27 Dresses is my personal favorite but this movie was equally good. What made this work was the crackling chemistry between the leads.

A clip from one of the best scenes in the movie
There are some really hilarious scenes in the movie and I had not laughed that loud during any movie in the recent times. And if you know me, you would know, how loudly I laugh!! Hehehe!!

The ending is very melodramatic but the overall movie makes up for it.

My rating for the movie would be 3.5/5.
Watch it!! It is a fun watch!!!

No comments: