Wednesday, October 14, 2015

One day..finally!!

One day is one movie that I wanted to watch since a long time. I happened to see the trailer and bits of the movie on Romedy Now channel. But as usual, my kids did not allow me to watch it completely. So I went back to the best source, my phone :).

The movie is about 2 people and how they are placed on the same day every year. The day is 15th July, a day after their graduation. They were supposed to be lovers but ended up becoming friends and so the movie goes on spanning almost 15 years.

It is an intriguing love story. I realized that there is a book as well, on which the movie is based. The bookreads has a good rating for the book. The movie also did not disappoint. It is simple, yet very deep. There is no dragging of situations which increases the pace of the movie. One doesn't tend to get bored during the course of the movie.

Coming to the characters, Jim Sturgess is totally handsome and he fit the bill perfectly. The nonchalant guy, then the guy in distress, every part, he was great. And so was Anne Hathaway. There is no doubt about her acting skills and she proved it yet again what a good actor she is. Her ascent that fetched lots of comments, good as well as bad, was okay. It showed that she had worked hard on it.

Some of the things that I totally fell in love with:

  • Line where Emma says: "I always loved you, Dex but I don't like you anymore."
  • The conversation that Dex has with his daughter at the end of the movie about he being friends with his daughter.

It may not be the best of romcoms, but it has its own appeal. A soft and subtle one.
A nice rainy day watch.

My rating for the movie would be 3/5

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Shashi did you check out the similarities between the soundtrack of this movie and Lootera? You will know what I'm talking about.
Nice review btw.they meet after ages,why did they have to kill her?

Unknown said...

Thanks Vdya.

Hmm..I need to watch it again to get the similarities, though I did not watch Lootera completely.
Yeah even I felt very bad when she died.