Saturday, October 10, 2015

Silver Linings...Did I see it?

I know it is a little late to publish the review of the movie, Silver Linings Playbook. This movie as I understood from my research has garnered lots of appreciation from critics and audience alike for the story and the performances. I never really got a chance to watch it earlier, but now I finally did.

One novel thing that happened in this case is that I have not read the book on which the movie is based. So all my review pertains to the movie only. The story is simple and straight, no complications around. But the characters are complicated. I really need to applaud the artists who carried off such complex characters with ease. 

IMO, Pat's father, Robert DeNiro's character was the most complicated and I felt he portrayed it like a charm. I loved him more after watching the movie. I became a fan of Bradley Cooper after watching Hangover series, but post watching this, I realized, that was not acting, this is his acting. And he did good. He deserved an award for this.

In the beginning I could not recognize Jennifer Lawrence, I haven't seen much of her stuff. But she was awesome. 

All the artists adorned their characters well. I did not enjoy the ending, I felt it was a little cliche`. But they pulled it off making the movie a good watch.

My rating for the movie would be 3.75/5.

No comments: