Thursday, March 7, 2013

Who am I?

Yesterday when I went to the doctor, his diagnosis was that I was under some mental stress. I laughed it off, saying that is obvious once the girl is married. Amma was her sentimental stuff, to the outside world, she seems happy and jovial, but I know she is thinking about too many things deep down.

Today morning at the breakfast table also, Dad was telling me that my son doesn't talk to people if any one approaches him. He only talks to people he knows. Somewhere he has got my habits and to some extent, my dad. And my dad continued into the nostalgia that I never used to speak to people other than the children in my neighborhood. My husband is just not like that. He speaks to everyone.

That got me thinking, who am I?
My dad was talking about me being reserved during my childhood. Only in my high school did I speak to a lot of people, I do mean a lot. Then again now, I do not talk to a lot of people at work. Its only professional discussion that I usually indulge in. Otherwise, I prefer staying in my own shell, doing my own "lot of" stuff.

But at the same time, I have couple of great friends, who have been there in thick times as well. It has so happened that I do not end up sharing every minutest detail, not sure whether they share theirs or not. 

In my previous company, I made some amazing friends before and after marriage. Of course, I did lose touch with some as well. But the ones I am still in touch with, they are real good with me.

OK, to cut the long story short, I was thinking, what exactly was my personality type!!
Am I an introvert since I like to stay within myself, or am I a gregarious person who loves to be with people!!
At home, I am not sure if I mingle with everyone. Definitely never at all times!!!
I don't know, its all so confusing!!!



No comments: