Wednesday, March 27, 2013

What next....


My son, last weekend, came to us and said that he had no friends to play with. All the kids near our flat are older than him and usually don't involve him in their games. So he is usually left all alone to play or has to plead with them to play with him. That too, they don't stay for long. Hence, it all zeroes down to one point...he needs a companion.

Thus starts the usual stuff from in-laws, to plan for another kid so that the current one has someone to call his own. But my husband and I are so busy and involved with other household things that we end up not having time for issues like these. Even after telling him what my son said, he had nothing to say. So I wasn't sure what he was actually thinking.

If I were to say something on this, frankly, I do not want to undergo the delivery pain again. Though I had a cesarean  I don't want to undergo the post delivery pain, which is a lot than what women undergo during normal delivery. Guess somewhere down the lane, I am shit scared of the pain. On top of it, the weight!!!
Poof, I have not yet lost the weight I put on when I was carrying my son. Another kid would mean additional   weight which I don't know how long it would take for me to reduce.

So is the maternal instinct inside me dead?? No, of course not!!! Even today when I see an infant, I remember the tiny hands that I held when my son was put in my hands for the first time. The smile he gave me when I use to massage him, those are the things that really made me feel alive.

But now what then! I always wanted to adopt. Give life to someone in need and fulfill my dream of a complete family. I strongly believe that there are so many kids who are in need of a good family and if we are able to extend our support to even a single child, then we have done our part towards the society.

Kids are kids anyway, they would be innocent. I have the gut feeling that I would never show the difference in the love that I would shower on the adopted one, in case I do that.

Now the big question is, will the people around me approve!!! I don't know as I belong to a conservative family where if you don't have kids, you would ask families (known to you) who have kids, to give one of theirs! Adoption would never even cross their minds. In such a family, if I raise this thought, I am skeptical, how it would be received. But.....

Ahh..God help me :)

No comments: