Thursday, June 16, 2016

The Conjuring 2 - My review

First experience is always special. So was this!!
My first horror movie in the theater with my husband.
I was always scared of watching horror movies, but of late after having watched numerous movies at home, I have gotten used to watching horror flicks. And so I gathered enough courage to watch "The Conjuring 2".

I may not be able to give a review like a critic or some one as I am just a novice in the world of horror movies.
So as a regular viewer, this is my review of the movie.

The story is simple and the usual, a family in London is suffering from disturbing paranormal activities at home. Ed and Lorraine Warren rescue them from it. But before that, they are asked to visit a home in AmityVille where Lorraine gets a premonition about Ed. That is where the story gets connected to London.

In London lives a family of 4 kids along with their mother, trying to make ends meet. They start to experience some strange situations in the house that scares them. Then the younger girl is confiscated by the ghost who is causing issues in the house and causes further problems.

There are some inhibitions that the family is faking all this, in a pursuit of better house.

One of the local professors who lost his daughter in an accident and still feels that she is around him, understands the pain the family is undergoing and requests the church to help the family. The church asks the Warrens to validate the situation and they come to London to check.

This connection to Amityville is interesting and well directed. I particularly liked the usage of one of the most beautiful Elvis song, "I can't help falling in love with you". I totally love this song and its presence in this movie was heartwarming. 

Coming to the horror part, it was scary and innovative. I really pity my husband for his hand must have hurt real bad after the movie, as I had held it real tight, thanks to the scary situations. The sound effects are good, and all the actors have done a great job.

All in all, a good movie, a horror movie lover will enjoy it.

My rating for the movie: 3.5/5

No comments: