Saturday, June 18, 2016

Udta Punjab - My review

I got the privilege to watch a very honest movie called Udta Punjab. A very bold and crude movie, it is. 

The story is as depicted in the poster of the movie. Shahid Kapur is a drug addict rockstar. Kareena Kapoor Khan is a doctor who also runs a rehabilitation center. Alia Bhatt is a Bihari migrant in need of money, accidentally gets hold of a drug packet, worth lakhs. Diljit Dosanjh is a SI with Punjab Police. 

The story has been beautifully written to interconnect all these characters. And everyone has a brilliant role and been sketched beautifully. The chemistry between them also is amazing. 

The best part is not even a single frame there is, where the actual motto behind the film, i.e. drugs problem has been missed. The screenplay really needs to be commended for it. 

The music is okay. It just suits the essence of the film. 

I particularly liked the way Diljit played the part, very subtle yet strong. He gets full marks for his brilliant acting.

I will not reveal the story at all.  I would request everyone to watch this film. It is hard hitting yet true.

My rating for the movie: 4/5. 

No comments: