Monday, October 13, 2014

Inferno...my review!!!

I bought Inferno with a lot of expectations. I had not read the reviews of the book before buying it.

Alas, I was disappointed. I found the book highly confusing. Though the mystery starts to unfold towards the ending, but there were too many characters to keep track of. And the author was not ready to reveal the secrets until the very end.

Dante, somehow is not a very popular artist, so establishing a connection with his work took some time. 

I found the main cause very interesting. Population explosion is a very good topic and apt for the current scenario in the world. Writing a story around the same topic and clubbing Dante was a good attempt but failed somewhere!!

I am hoping for better work from Brown next time!!

1 comment:

Suma said...

I totally agree!! I read all the books of Dan Brown but this book disappointed me. Like you said population explosion was a very interesting thought but somehow the plot is not so good and ending was abrupt. Didn't like the way the book concluded.