Monday, August 8, 2016

My affinity with this number: 102

I have this history with this number: 102.


Sometimes life just does some things to remind you of yesteryear and put you in a state of nostalgia.
I was dropping my father-in-law at the bus stop when the number just flashed in front of me as the pillar number. I did not realize till then that this was pillar number: 102. Suddenly, memories came bombarding at me, memories of the days I would love to go back to.

Those were the days when I had come from Delhi to Hyderabad after my class XII board exams. I was staying at  my grandparents and was preparing for EAMCET. I was taking coaching (super short term, if you want to call it, it lasted only for 20 days) for it in an institute in Narayanaguda.

From my grandparents' place, there exists a direct bus to this place, but one rarely sees it. So my only solace was this bus number: 102. This would take me directly to the institute location.
Thus started my journey with and in this bus. :).

20 days and done, gave my EAMCET and went back to Delhi. After counselling, joined a college which was unsurprisingly en-route this route 102. All my friends used to board this bus to come to college. Anytime that I had to go to their places', this was the bus I used to board.

3rd year of engineering arrived, CAT coaching started. Guess the place where I had to go for coaching, somewhere near Narayanaguda (grin). And the bus I had to board (no points for guessing).

My class started at 6:15 a.m. So I always used to board the first service of this bus, so much so that the driver used to wait for me to come to the bus stop if he saw me walking towards the bus stop. The conductor as well as driver had become good friends of mine :). 
The same thing repeated when my sister joined me in Hyderabad. She also had to board the same bus :).

It has been a while since I used this board owing to my change in location, but the memories remain!!
Thank You 102 :)..

No comments: