Friday, December 18, 2015

Size is the hero in size zero!!

A movie suitable to my size :), (un-size zero), this is what I felt when I started watching the movie yesterday night. I felt very happy when I saw Anushka Shetty look like me, fat and cute in the movie.
But she is tall which I am not.

The story line is simple, a fat girl (Sweety) who has reached a "marriagable" age. Her mother tries to get her marriage fixed but her weight becomes a problem and she is rejected. She is worried that her daughter might not get married at all. Which is when she meets Abhi through an alliance. She likes him instantly but since she knows what would happen next, she asks him to reject the match. But that was not the case with Abhi, he may have liked her. They meet again and become friends. 

Since the girl's marriage was not getting fixed and Abhi gets closer to another girl who is definitely better shaped, Sweety decides to join the slimming program. Another friend of hers who is competing for some beauty contest is also a participant of the program. During the course of the weight loss program, this friend gets ill and is admitted to the hospital. The reason is because of some improper content in the "slimming" juice that the program provides, the kidneys get spoilt. Sweety decides to protest against such programs which hide the reality behind the shakes and juices. She is fully supported by Abhi. How they go about this process is what forms the rest of the story.

Many complained that the second half of the movie is sluggish. But as a viewer I did not get bored at all. I thoroughly enjoyed the movie. The movie completely lay on Anushka's shoulders and she carried it with ease. She was well supported by Arya, I found their chemistry cute. The character of Anushka's mother is a strong one and was well played by Urvashi. The rest of the characters played their role well. Adivi Sesh looked superb in the movie.

Music is not that great.

Overall a nice feel good movie. Can watch it once.

My rating for the movie would be: 3/5.

No comments: