Saturday, September 26, 2015

The fault in me???

Bookhub and one of the most reliable sources The Hindu had this book as one of its best sellers. So I decided to buy the book to know why the book was so loved by many.
I had made a mistake of watching the movie before reading the book, this is the third time I have done this. The first time was the first movie of Harry Potter, the books were definitely better.
Then it was twilight series. I fell in love with the first part. So I bought the book and thus the series. 
Next was this, The fault in our stars by John Green.

The movie was not great but since everyone praised it so much especially for the dialogues, I thought might as well give the book a shot.

I purchased the book and started reading, This is one movie where the screen play completely matches the book. The story is very ordinary, but the way it has been written is very strong. The usage of words in the book is superb. That is the reason I guess, the screenplay matches the lines of the book. 

But for the lines, I don't know why, I did not enjoy anything else in the book. As already mentioned, I did not find anything extraordinary in the story. I was left dissatisfied at the end of the book. Maybe I was expecting something more, and to my amazement I am not sure what that more was...

One of the things that I definitely felt after reading the book was,,,,I have read better books!!!

My rating for this book would be only 2.5 out of 5. 

Do let me know your comments on this book...Somewhere down the line, I really wonder..Is it the fault in me???

No comments: